What is a Legacy Gift?
A Legacy Gift, or a Planned Gift, is a bequest you leave in your will that goes to support a charity like Canadian Feed The Children.
Why is a Legacy Gift a good option to support children?
Legacy gifts ensure sustainable support for the causes dear to your heart long into the future. They allow you to have a greater impact for children in the future, even if you aren't able to donate a large amount at present.
How do I plan a Legacy Gift?
There are several ways to plan a legacy gift. Here’s a breakdown of each type, with links to free guides to help you plan.
- Charitable Will Bequests: This can be as simple as a sentence or two naming Canadian Feed The Children in your Willl. Find out more.
- Life Insurance Donation: Donating life insurance helps you make an impact for children, while benefiting from tax benefits. Learn more here.
- Donating Stocks and Shares: A donation of publicly-listed stocks, shares or securities is one of the easiest and most effective ways of supporting children for the long term. Click here to learn how
- Endowment Funds: You can make a difference while leaving a permanent legacy for you or anyone you wish to honour through a donation like this. How it works.
- Donating Retirement Funds: This is a simple, flexible way to give while enjoying tax benefits. Read more.
What is a Legacy Leader?
Legacy Leaders are a dedicated group of individuals and families who have promised to leave a gift to CFTC in their will through a bequest, gift of life insurance or real estate.
Start a conversation
While these free guides and information in this article can help you start the conversation, it’s important to consult your personal lawyer or financial advisor to help you plan your gift. If you have any questions, please contact Fawad at [email protected] and he will be happy to assist!